Facebook button
Twitter button
Delicious button
Digg button
PhotoBox button
RSS button
Dalziel Rugby Club

Dalziel Rugby Club Mini Dalziel Rugby Club Midi

< December >

Featured Player

Niall McKenzie

Sponsored by:
Nicola Irvine Music

Site Info

There are 29 users online.

Membership Fees 2018-19
Last post by: Amanda King @ Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:26 pm

50th Austin Memorial Dinner
Last post by: niall @ Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:11 pm

Photos - U18 Games
Last post by: djwaddell @ Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:02 pm

EVENT: 49th Austin Memorial Dinner
Last post by: Alan Thompson @ Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:56 am

EVENT: 48th Austin Memorial Dinner
Last post by: niall @ Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:29 pm

Dalziel 1st XV:19
League game @ Dalziel Park, 21/10/17 - Match Video

Dalziel welcomed Haddington to Dalziel Park for round 8 of their BT National League 3 campaign.

Haddington kicked off, and Dalziel tried to run the ball back, but were immediately pinged for an apparent crossing offence. Haddington opted to put the ball into the corner instead of going for an easy three points. A maul was set up, and the Haddington pack drove over the line to score with Patrick Brown getting the final touch. Sam Morley pushed his conversion attempt wide of the posts, but his side were 5 points up with less than 5 minutes played.

Dalziel stepped up the pressure and played their way back deep into the Haddington half, but were unable to find the way through the wall of red shirts. Play remained in Dalziel’s favour for full 20 minutes, with the ball only moving out of the Haddington 22 when the visitors were forced to clear their lines. Fraser Skinner and Ryan Burrell were both having outstanding games going forward and were looking dangerous with the ball in hand.

From a scrum on the left hand side, the ball was shipped wide with Burrell making a powerful run down the touch line. As the winger neared the try line and a certain score, he was clothes-lined by the the visiting full back. Dalziel were unable to make the territory count from the resultant penalty, but had showed what they could do.

From another scrum, Davie Stewart found a gap and made some good yards, before George Sloan made a bursting run through the middle. Play moved towards the right hand corner, and Haddington were able to shepherd Dalziel into touch.

Haddington worked their way down the pitch with two penalties, and tried to maul their way over the line again. The maul fractured, and Dalziel were able to force a penalty and relieve the pressure.

As half time approached, Dalziel were turned over inside their 22, but Burrell read the visiting scrum half perfectly and was able to intercept the pass. He then sprinted 80 metres to score in the left hand corner. Andrew Glover missed the touch line conversion.

Morley missed a penalty kick at goal, but from the resulting 22 drop out, Haddington ran the ball back, and full back Kyle Adams found a gap to score under the posts. Morley was successful with his third attempt at goal to give Haddington a 12-5 half time lead.

Early in the second half, Burrell made another great break, but his offload to Iain Davidson fell cruelly short. Davidson was able to get a foot the ball, however, and his kick forced a line out on the Haddington 5 metre line.

On the 55th minute, Haddington swung play downfield and ended up with a line out on the Dalziel 5 metre line. Again they mauled and this time Harry Hamilton scored. Morley converted to extend his side’s lead to 14 points.

With 20 minutes left to go, Dalziel had a scrum inside the Haddington 22. Burrell took a perfectly timed pass from Dougie Clark and scythed his way through the Haddington defence to score his second of the afternoon. Glover converted to take the score to 19-12.

Haddington soon had a bonus point score. The ball broke from the back of a Dalziel scrum, and scrum half Cammy Simpson pounced on the ball and was able to scamper over the line. Morley missed the conversion.

From the kick off, Dalziel brought the game back to within one score. Haddington tried to the clear their lines, but the ball fell to Burrell. The winger surged forward and took play to within 5 metres of the Haddington line. The ball was recycled and Davie Stewart hit the ball up before Fraser McKenzie spotted a gap and snuck over next to the posts. Glover added the easy kick to bring the score to 24-19.

Despite having shunned earlier kicks at goal, Morley now opted to go for the sticks after a Dalziel offence at a ruck. The fly-half soon added a second penalty after a Dalziel high tackle to take the lead to 11 points.

With less than 5 minutes left to go, Haddington struck again. The ball was shipped wide from a scrum, and Adams was given space on the wing to score in the left hand corner. Morley missed the conversion, but his side were now 3 scores ahead of their hosts.

Dalziel were awarded a series of penalties deep in their own half, but were unable to gain the territory needed to get the crucial fourth try. Eventually Haddington won a penalty and went to the corner for a lineout. They again tried to push over, but this time Dalziel held firm and stopped them before crossing the line. However, this proved to be the last play and Haddington were 35-19 victors.

Match Sponsored by:
Match wasn\
Ball Sponsored by:
Match Ball wasn\

George Sloan, Nikky Devine, Les Barclay, Fraser McKenzie, Michael Burnett, Connor Meikle, Douglas Clark, Iain Davidson, Andrew Westwood, David Stewart, Ryan Burrell, Thomas Quigley, Callum Weir, Fraser Skinner, Andrew Glover
Subs: Niall McKenzie, Ryan Cook, Tristen Gerber, Bengy Barsanti

Tries: Fraser McKenzie, Ryan Burrell (2)
Conversions: Andrew Glover (2)

Back to Fixture List

Copyright Dalziel Rugby Club 2018
Powered by Rawxing.org
If you are receiving spam from this domain, click here for more info.
59 database queries took 0.11504 seconds.